Insercorp has conducted a major upgrade to its server infrastructure as part of a planned technology upgrade to strengthen website security, and improve performance and reliability.
New Insercorp Web Servers Deployed!
Have you noticed that your website has been running a lot faster lately? Are you interested in what Insercorp is doing to stay ahead of the curve when it comes to our Web Hosting Services? We’ve recently migrated our web servers to a new data center to improve the quality of our delivery of service. Because we believe in transparency we want to make sure you know what this means for you.
What We’ve Done & How It Affects You
- Websites hosted on our Shared Hosting plans have been migrated to a new data center within the Commonwealth of Virginia which allows for improved data transfer rates (to and from the data center), better reliability of service, and less outages/downtime of websites.
- Our Cloud Servers, also located in the new data center, began launching this year for dedicated clients after several months of research and development.
- New Servers include brand new hardware which will strengthen security, improve performance and reliability of service, and allows us to continue providing the most up-to-date software to handle our 24/7 behind-the-scenes commitment of keeping your Websites safe and online.
- Hardware upgrades include improved data storage with SSD (Solid State Drives), more processing power, quadrupled RAM capacity, and improved bandwidth allowing for additional capacity.
- Upgraded operating systems from CentOS6 to CentOS7
- Upgraded Server Control Panels from Plesk 11 to Plesk Onyx
- Implemented new firewalls to protect from brute-force attacks
- Enabled DNSSEC to protect from DDoS (Distributed Denial-of-Service) attacks
These improvements provide for stronger security and improved reliability while also allowing streamlined services for Insercorp clients.
Insercorp plans to continue to improve network security and redundancy of various network services to guarantee uptime and prevent outages, including provisioning additional mirror servers and establishing a global content distribution network (CDN).
Some of our dedicated hosting clients will be migrated to the new data center at a future date.
As we continue to advance, stay in-the-know by subscribing to our Insercorp Web Updates, bookmarking this website, and liking the Insercorp Facebook page for more information and helpful website management tips.
As always, please feel free to contact us should you have any questions or concerns. You can reach the Insercorp Operations Center at 757-337-2940 during normal business hours or you may contact us online anytime!